The War On Wellness
by Gezell Fleming, Wellness Advocate
Research paper Writing Services http://orderassignmenthelp.com online
Picture your body as a house (actually, it is). When it was first built, there was a battle array set against it from the very beginning. Your world is full of outside substances that are potentially lethal, trying desperately to triumph over you. But your house (your body) was strong and sturdy, so the assaults hurled at it was as handfuls of dust – causing no adverse effect at all.
However, as your house aged, the assaults against it intensified. The attacks that you used to be able to brush off as dust aren’t that easy to get over anymore. And strangely enough, it seems the ammo has changed – from dust, to sand, gravel, then stones, rocks… And without any warning, you discover that the BIG GUNS have been set up against you! You find yourself getting hit with heavy artillery and you can’t even remember exactly when it started! Your checkups are telling you that you’ve sustained extensive damage in some areas – you didn’t even know you were in a battle!! What’s going on!?!! What HAPPENED?!!
Well, here’s a reality check – YOU ARE IN A WAR. You enlisted when you obtained a BODY. The enemy of your body is the aging process. It fights differently with every body – the conditions in which your body lives will determine the type of attack you’ll experience. But no matter what type of attack you’re under, no matter what damage you have sustained, YOU HAVE THE ABILITY TO FIGHT BACK!
How do we begin? Here are a few mindsets to consider:
- Nobody Can Ever Be As Proactive About Your Health As YOU
- You live in your body-house every day. Nobody knows more about the state of your body than YOU. Decide TODAY that you will take charge of your health. Remember what “healthy” actually feels like – don’t settle for less. Only then will your individual path of wellness be made clear to you.
- If You’re Not FIGHTING, You’re LOSING
- There is no neutral ground in this war. If you’re not consciously making healthy choices, you’re giving your enemy more of your territory. We can’t fight in our 30’s with the same weapons we used in our teens. The battle has amped up 20 years – you’re being attacked with the BIG GUNS now! A trash can lid can’t protect you like it did when dirt was being thrown at you. You need REAL PROTECTION and REAL WEAPONS to fight back!
- Become A STUDENT Of WELLNESS
- You can’t fight in a battle if you don’t know what you’re fighting. And you can’t fight effectively if you don’t know what weapons to use against your enemy. Learn about the war you’re in.
YOU ARE IN A WAR!! But you are a WELLNESS WARRIOR! YOU WILL WIN!